How to Use This Historic Native Canadian Process to Change Your Life
As many of you reading this know, sometimes a book just falls off the shelf in front of you when you need it.
That’s what happened to me with The Carrier Cure.
The Carrier Cure is named after Carrier Indians, indigenous to Canada. It follows a holy process that was handed down among their people for centuries.
I don’t remember how I came across the book and I don’t know what happened to it. I remember it was 8 ½ X 11, with a yellow cover. It was typed. For you younger readers, a typewriter is a machine that prints as you keyboard. It was only about 60 pages, much of which was a description of the author’s situation. He was an alcoholic and was in very bad shape when he came across a man who taught him the Carrier Cure.
On the first page of the book, the author—who remains anonymous—revealed that to his knowledge it was the first time this Cure had been written down. He left very clear instructions that whoever read his book had his permission to share it with as many people as possible. That was the condition the Carriers had when they gave him permission to record the Cure.
I began using the Carrier Cure in my own life about 35 years ago. Since then the miracles have never ceased.
If I need information, someone calls me with it; if I need money, the right opportunities show up; and if I want an adventure, invitations pour in.
I have personalized the Cure and I will share with you how I’ve adapted it to my life. You are welcome to change the basics to fit your life as well. You’ll soon see what I mean.
There is one great big caveat, however. You must have a close relationship with a loving God who only wants the best for you. If you were raised with a vengeful, angry God, this won’t work for you. However, if you would like to transmute that relationship, I’ve been helping people with that for many years as well.
Are you ready to begin this nearly-magical process to your own highest and best good?
Great! Let’s get to it.
1. Read all the steps below before you begin the process.
2. Make sure you won’t be disturbed for the next 20-30 minutes.
3. Get a small blanket and set it on a carpeted area in your home.
4. With the toe of your shoe, draw a line in the carpet parallel to the longest edge of your blanket.
5. Get a basket or bag and move through your home picking out items that represent everything in your life. In a moment, you are going to turn over everything in your life to the Great Spirit. There is no question in my mind that when Spirit is running my life, everything goes exquisitely. When I try to run the show, not so much!
6. Here are some suggestions:
- Pictures of family members and yourself
- Anything representing the virus
- credit cards
- any addictive substances
- office supplies (to turn over all business matters)
- school supplies (if you attend school)
- sports gear
- your phone
You get the idea.
7. When you think you have enough representation of your life, write on a slip of paper, “And everything else in my life.” Place everything on your blanket.
8. Now sit quietly by all these facets of your life for a few moments. Think about them and thank them for contributing to your life.
9. Here is where the magic happens. You can’t pick and choose what you want to turn over. It must be your entire life for this to work.
10. When you are ready, pull the blanket over the line you made in the carpet, as you declare “I now turn over everything in my life to the care of the Great Spirit.”
11. After you’ve done that, go back to the line and rub it out with your foot or your hand. You can never go back. Then sit quietly for a few moments being thankful that your burdens have been so dramatically decreased.
After you put all of you items back, you may or may not feel different. Either response is fine. It is very important that you now begin to pay close attention to what is happening in your life. Miracles will begin happening right away—usually in ways you don’t expect. And usually far better.
To have these miracles continue, acknowledge them and say, “Thank you, Great Spirit.” It is the attitude of gratitude that makes the miracles become greater and more frequent.
For example, you may notice a penny on the ground. Pick it up and say, “Thank you, Great Spirit.” The next denomination will be larger.
Once you begin living this way, you can never settle for less again. It is so much fun!
However, being the fallible human creatures that we are, on occasion you may forget and start running the show by yourself again. That’s okay. We are allowed. Simply repeat the above process and go back to all the miracles you can hold.
If you have a judgmental God in your life and would like a happier relationship with the Great Spirit, please email me. I’ve spent the past 30 years helping people do just that.
Have fun, be positive and enthusiastic.
Now isn’t that better than living in fear and anxiety?
Katie Evans is a health and spiritual coach, in practice since 1986. Her international practice is via phone or Skype. You can email questions to email@example.com or text/call at 206-841-4876